Saturday, May 15, 2010

5 Ways to Create Happy Risers

So  my girls aren't happy risers, and I came across this article and thought others might benefit from reading it, so hear you go, enjoy...

5 Ways to Create Happy Risers
by Tracey Brewer



Mornings can be a struggle when it comes to getting everyone up and moving. Having my children actually display a cheerful attitude while getting ready for the day sometimes seems like an unattainable bonus! Here are five ways I’ve found to create a happy riser.


  1. Turn on some music. Hearing a song that he enjoys may help ease your child’s transition from sleeping to waking. You could try a recording of children’s songs, soft instrumental music or even something classical.
  2. Be silly. Now, I have one daughter who really enjoys this; the other one, not so much. I might sing her a silly song, tickle her, toss her blanket over her and pretend I can’t see her – anything out of the ordinary that will make her laugh.
  3. Leave a note or a small treat under their pillow. This could be a once a week or so surprise – no need to do it only at tooth fairy times! A little “I love you” or “You’re special” note along with a pencil, sheet of stickers or even a small piece of candy to be eaten after breakfast can make a routine morning special.
  4. Allow enough time for awakening gently. I know when I’m running late and come dashing into their bedroom, hurrying everyone along, it doesn’t make for a peaceful start to the day. It’s much better if I have a minute to sit with them and let them begin their day at a more leisurely pace.
  5. Have your children in bed on time the night before. Okay, did you see this one coming? It’s much easier to get out of bed happy if you’ve had a full night of sleep. I feel like I’m such a stickler when it comes to getting my kids in bed on time, but I know how things will go the next day if they don’t get enough sleep.

I hope that you will find some of these ideas to be useful in changing those grumpy faces into smiling ones!

http://www.mops.org/page.php?pageid=2722&srctype=body&src=647&PHPSESSID=07548550db04febcd35df4709f620aaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...