Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The #1st Commandment... not an option, by the way

God gave us a first commandment, and in these latter days it seems that people view that as an option. Well I guess it is an option for non believers and lovers of Christ; however, for the ones that claim to love and know God, it is not a option because you can't love God and not follow His word and seek to obey Him.
He wants us to love Him like He loves us. God's ultimate eternal purpose for creation is to provide for Himself a family, that includes faithful children (much like we as parents desire) and provide for His Son Jesus a worthy Bride. We are God's children, so we have power to His throne, and we are Chirst's bride, so we have the power of His heart!

We are all given the choice to love God, it is voluntary, but we aren't given the choice of obedience, for one day we will be held accountable of our obedience before God the Father and Jesus the Son. As Jesus' bride, He is praying ans interceding for us, but He can't make us love Him or obey Him.

There are too many definatins of love these days. My husband often uses the expression, I love fish tacos and I love my wife, to explain how the word love is so meaningless in todays culture. We have to LOVE God on His terms. Jesus desricbes loving God by being deeply rooted in a spirit of obedience (Jn 14:21) It takes obedience to the Lord to not stray from loving Him. There is no such thing as loving God without seeking to obey His word and spirit.

We should measure our spiritual maturity by how much of the beautitudes we walk out in our daily lives. We should measure our ministry by the extent to which those we minister to live out these vaules, not by the number of people who reiceve our ministry.

~!*Lord help me live out your word in my life. Show me how to love you and love others on your terms, not mine. Shape my heart to be like yours. Use me Lord, make me your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...