Tuesday, July 20, 2010

*Fruit of the Spirit

"The fruit of the Spirit is
      love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control" Galatians 5:22-23

For some reason I find myself trying hard to produce these traits, and I've failing at them. What I came to realize is that a peach tree does not strive to produce peaches, does it? It by nature, creates peaches.
That is how God works the fruit of the Spirit into us, producing what we were meant to produce for Him with His help. We don't need to struggle to produce what Gos desires to do in us. We just need to depend on our Father for our source of nourishment, reading His word, letting us transform our lives, and have confidence in that He will bring about good fruit in our lives. "For it is God who is at work in you," says Philippians 2:13.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...