Tuesday, August 07, 2012

How to: Use your iPad for Memory Work

Do your kids love to play on your iPad or iPhone as much as my kids like to play with mine?
If so, you probably can't do anything about them wanting to play with it, cause to be honest it's just that cool, BUT you can make what they are learning and playing with educational and fun.
Here is how to use your iPad for memory work and/or review (also works with iPhone):

1. First you need to create a page on your blog where you are going to store your info that you want your kids to go to. I'm using this page here.
*Note: I may choose to setup a new blog for this in the future with dynamic view and use the magazine layout. This will be easier for the kids to see everything from that week.

I will also be doing each week as a different page and icon, so when we review I will put them all in one folder on my iPad screen titled CC Cycle 1 and everything will be located in one folder.

2. Once you have the page made with all the info on it, open up your Safari browser and type the address of the website into the address bar.

3. After you have done that, click the icon at the top that is a box with an arrow coming out of it.
Now click add to homescreen.


4. Next, you label what you want the icon to read. I have chosen C1|W1.  Remember after creating multiple icon for each week, I will place them all in a folder on my iPad Home Screen to keep them organized.



5. Now you have an icon on your desktop that will take you right to the page you want it to.



Here is a way to use your iPad in helping with your homeschooling efforts, but do you have another way you are using your iPad & iPhone with your kids schooling? I would love to hear about it!

Happy CCing! 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I have an ipad and the kids love it. I also have a ton of sites for memory work ,now all i need is to put it on my blog. Our work never ends, does it?

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...